Monday 8 November 2010

What a week

Well I have had an interesting non craft related week.

Firstly there is the Argos saga, which is still not fully resolved but can not face retelling it, Elaine got the whole story at the Ayrshire Craft Fair on Saturday in Troon!!

As far as the electrical things are concerned Dyson  packed in so add one new Dyson to the weeks purchases, then while in a vain attempt to reshuffle my study  the very very heavy 32 inch tv fell off the stand and on to me!!! Left sorting the cables etc to yesterday and after much faffing around decided the tv  was now no longer working properly, ie could get video but no sound and sky sound but no pictures and dvd not playing at all.

Hot footed it to local electrical shop and came back wioth nice shiny  32in flat screen tv, plugged all the same stuff in and guess what??? yes same faults there.

To cut long story short  faults were

1 Scart cable on Sky faulty
2 dvd dead
3 vcr hit and miss
so replace scart, brought through vcr from lounge and ordered new dvd player!!!!!

So we now have spare tv!!! and big hole in my pocket!!!
Just as well I had two fabulous craft events, forstly the Friends of Ayrshire Hospice Craft Fair in Dunlop, where they raised nearly £3000 on the night, then The Ayrshire Arts and Craft Fair in Troon where I had my best ever fair!!!! Did a roaring trade on the faboulous Katia yarns and my kitting kits, including the I will cast on and knit the first couple of rows for you service!!!

This week is busy too , I am in Whitburn on Tuesday night for the Brown Bair Appeal for the The Five Sisters Zoo.

SO  better get back to the needles!!!!

1 comment: