Wednesday 20 October 2010

New Toy

Well today's post is not craft related directly, but has craft connections.

Yesterday was my birthday 21 again....................... and I got a pogoplug from my mum
This is the techie blurb

The My.Pogoplug Service

Pogoplug is much more than a standalone consumer electronics device. Each Pogoplug comes with a free online service for remotely accessing and sharing your files through any web browser or mobile device.
To use My.Pogoplug.com, simply type in your email address and password. You will immediately see all of the files stored on your Pogoplug enabled devices. You may then share, stream, upload or download to and from your Pogoplug connected hard drives from anywhere in the world - no technical expertise or advanced networking knowledge required.
The My.Pogoplug.com service is compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux. A free desktop application for both Mac and PC enables you to view Pogoplug connected files as if they were on a local drive, and also actively copies content you designate from your computer to Pogoplug drives. Applications for Blackberry, iPad, iPhone and Android offer similar capabilities, freeing your mobile devices from the constraints of small flash drives.

Which means I can access my files on my external hard drive from anywhere and can also share my files with folk . So I can access my music and video files when on holiday , if my knitting pattern blows into the pool I can retrieve a copy of it ( yes that did happen last year)

So  lots of playing and sharing ahead!!! !!On a craft note, finally got round to writing up on kitchen notice board all the things I have on order!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKKKK

Meeting Elin on Thursday to give her stuff for her Brownie Pack holiday this weekend , just need to find more google eyes to put onto 16 of the ghosts that I made!!
Then this weekend I am in Girvan and Troon , it will be a long day as Girvan set up time is 8:30am and Troon finishes at 9pm!!!! Me thinks chips for tea that night!

Off to search for those eyes or else it is Tesco for me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well saves me from the footie!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Phew, some tehnology that I don't want after seeing yours I think. lol See you tomorow!

    ReplyDelete